We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take to keep your data secure and the uses and disclosures we make of it. We also explain the options you have regarding your personal data. When you request services from us, access our websites, or otherwise interact with us.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
By providing your personal data to us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your data for the operational purposes listed in this policy.
When you rent a car from us, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our specials, new products and other updates.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, verify a license we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms & Conditions.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your reservation, then Infinity Car Rental stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our company and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We use Session Cookies to Track your use of our websites during a single visit, remember the data you provide and the choices you make as you progress from page to page.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do so, the amended policy will take effect when we post it on the applicable website(s).
If any change makes the policy less protective of your personal data, such change will not apply to data we collected about you before the change was made. The only exception to this is, unless legally prohibited, where we have provided you with notice about the changes and given you the opportunity to tell us not to apply them to your personal data.
We collect a range of data about you from a variety of sources for the purposes of our business. The examples we provide here are illustrative rather than a complete list of our practices.
What We Collect:
We collect the personal data and the non-personal data we need to process your reservation requests and to provide the services you request from us and for our operational uses in connection with such services, which may include:
- Name, address and contact details, including telephone and mobile number, and email address;
- Date and place of birth, passport number and, a copy of your driver’s license;
- Employer(s) name, address and phone number;
- Credit card information;
- Information regarding the vehicle and its operation during your rental;
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions;
- Information transmitted by your computer’s browser software;
- Itinerary information, including airline and/or flight information
- Information about your credit history or other publicly available information about you from consumer reporting agencies.
We may collect certain personal data that constitutes sensitive data in some countries, such as data about health conditions or membership of a trade union. Depending upon applicable local law, we may be unable to process such sensitive data without your consent.
More about sensitive data…
Data about your health conditions is regarded as sensitive in many countries. If you ask us to accommodate a disability, if there is an accident and we need to work with insurance and claims management companies relating to any injury you may incur, we may need to process data about your health conditions.
Please note that if you wish to rent with us or our licensees and need to provide sensitive data, you consent to that data being collected, used, retained and disclosed for our Operational Uses. We will not use sensitive data about you for marketing purposes.
We collect personal data directly from you in connection with a reservation (even an abandoned or interrupted reservation), a rental of a vehicle, or your membership in any of our membership programs, including information you provide:
- When you call our reservation, customer service, emergency road-side assistance, customer contact or member care centers;
- On our websites;
- On our mobile “apps”
- On our official third party social network pages;
- Through your computer’s web browser;
- At rental location;
- When you join Infinity Car Rental membership programs
Certain technologies are used on our websites and on mobile devices to collect data about your visit or usage, as follows:
A “cookie” is a set of data sent to your computer or mobile device by a web server that enables the server to recognize your computer or mobile device.
Cookies help improve the quality of your visits to websites, for example, but not limitation, by making the reservation process faster and smoother. The information the cookies provide helps in the development of content and features that may be of interest to you.
- Track your use of our websites during a single visit, remember the data you provide and the choices you make as you progress from page to page (“session cookies”)
- Recognize you at your next visit (“persistent cookies”).
More about cookies…
- If you restrict our use of session cookies you will not be able to use our websites or certain features of our e-mail messages. You should be aware that session cookies are generally deleted or made unavailable to us as soon as you close your browser.
- If you restrict our use of persistent cookies you may still enjoy the full workings of our websites and e-mail messages but will need to re-enter some data when starting a new website session. Although persistent cookies will neither automatically be erased nor made unavailable to us upon closing your browser, they will typically “expire” after a number of years.
If you are still unsure about cookies, please note that our cookies are unable to retrieve other data from your computer’s hard drive or pass on computer viruses.
Pixel Tags are used to collect typically anonymous data to help identify types of information, including popular destinations, average rental prices, quote and conversion rates, click-throughs and other information to improve the service you receive or the relevance of advertising directed to you. Pixel Tags may also be used to identify which online advertisement or email has brought you to a website.
Other Company Websites
We try to ensure that the personal data we retain about you is stored securely and, in light of the information provided to us, is as accurate, current, complete and relevant as necessary for the purposes for which we use and disclose it.
We generally retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe appropriate for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required or authorized by applicable law.
As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet or wireless networks all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted.
We take commercially reasonable measures to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal data by aiming to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
- Restricting access to personal data to our employees or service providers on a “need to know” basis;
- Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal data
- Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, such as SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites.
If you have reason to believe that any account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact us by following the instructions at the end of this policy.
More about SSL encryption…
“SSL” stands for Secure Sockets Layer encryption. We use this protection when you submit personal data to us on our websites. SSL encryption seeks to ensure that you are actually sending your data to us and that no-one else can read or tamper with it during transmission.
When you are asked to provide your personal data to us on our website, you will see that our “http” website address changes to read “https”. The additional “s” denotes that the site is secure for that data transfer. You may also see a closed padlock symbol on your screen, again denoting a secure site.
Security of Communications
We try to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. As a result, we may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative.
For example, but not limitation, we will send you an e-mail or a text message in unencrypted form (i.e. instantly readable) because many of our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e. coded) e-mail or messages. This means that our message, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted messages. For this reason, please do not include confidential information, such as your credit card number or account passwords, in any e-mail or text you send to us or on any posting you make to a public area of a third party social network page, especially since any such posting immediately becomes public.
Access and Correction
You may access and review your personal data, change it and correct factual errors
- To protect your privacy and the security of your personal data, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to the data we store about you.
USES and DISCLOSURES
Your personal data will not be used in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was collected or as authorized by you. In that regard, by enrolling in one of our membership programs, making a reservation with us, or renting a vehicle from us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal data for the operational uses listed below which may include disclosure of your data outside your country of residence.
Operational Uses and Disclosures
The examples provided below are illustrative and not a complete list of our practices:
To provide you services
We will share your personal data among ourselves, our agents, our licensees and other companies to provide services to you, including to:
- Make your rental reservations;
- Process and/or confirm your transactions;
- Provide you with the services you have requested or, where applicable, enhanced rental services, such as services provided in connection with our membership programs and similar services;
- Provide you services in connection with your rental, such as navigation assistance or itinerary planning
- Provide you with customer assistance, including, but not limited to, assistance after you have initiated but not completed a reservation
- Bill and collect amounts owed in connection with your rentals and membership(s)
- For customer satisfaction and market research purposes and to otherwise help us improve our services.
To communicate with you
We may use your personal data to communicate with you regarding:
- Any reservation you initiate or rental transaction
- Your membership/status in one of our membership programs
- Changes to the terms or features of any of our membership programs to which you belong.
So that we may communicate with you, you give us your consent to call you on or send text messages to your mobile telephone/device. You also consent to our use of auto-dialers and pre-recorded messages in connection with any such telephone call or text message, including calls or texts to mobile telephone numbers. We will not charge you for such calls or texts. Your mobile service provider will charge you according to the applicable plan to which you subscribe.
Disclosure to companies you use
We will also share your information with companies you use in connection with your rental, including:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges
- Any company or organization that is paying all or part of your rental charges
- Any intermediary you use, such as a travel agent or broker, in relation to any aspect of your rental
- Any operator of a membership program for which you are rewarded for renting with us, such as a frequent flyer program.
Protective and legal uses
We may use, share and disclose your personal data for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injury or property damage
- to comply with legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to recover our vehicles, any monies due, such as through debt collection agencies;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our subsidiaries
- to assess your credit worthiness
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our subsidiaries, you or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Disclosure to our service providers and agents
We may use other companies as our service providers or agents to act on our behalf and assist us in the conduct of our business, performing services for us under our instruction. These services may include hosting certain websites or databases, operating “apps” for us on our social media networks’ pages, running contests, sweepstakes and other promotions for us, sending marketing communications, carrying out data analysis and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or other research. We will seek to require our service providers and agents to maintain appropriate security standards to protect your personal data and use the personal data we provide to them only for the purposes we specify.
Disclosure for corporate transactions
We may disclose your personal data to a third party in connection with any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Marketing Uses and Disclosures
We may aggregate your personal data and use it to develop marketing programs and service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We would like to send these to you by email, by text message or by mail. We would also like to share your personal data with our licensees, affiliates and business partners for their marketing purposes. You have choices in relation to our marketing uses of your personal data, based upon the residence for you in our records, as follows:
We may use your personal data for the above marketing purposes, although you can choose to limit or restrict our mailings and our sharing of your data for these uses by following the instructions at Marketing Options below.
Residents of other countries
We aim to comply with your local law regarding our use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can instruct us how we can use and disclose your personal data for marketing purposes by following the instructions below.
Alternative opportunities to opt-out
Our marketing emails contain an unsubscribe option. If you do not want us to continue to send marketing emails to your email address, click on ‘unsubscribe’ and we will not send further marketing emails to that address, although you may still receive emails at other addresses for which you have not unsubscribed. If you subsequently wish to override your choice to unsubscribe, you will need Contact Us below.
Important points to note
Please note the following points about the marketing choices you make:
- If you change your marketing choices, we will observe your most recent choice with regard to the contact information associated with your membership number for the relevant membership program. To the extent allowed by law, marketing choices you make with regard to one membership program will not modify your marketing choices for another membership program. Although we aim to process your choices promptly, you may still receive marketing communications prepared before we received your request to unsubscribe;
- If you change your address, we will continue to follow your directions for your most recent address provided from your ‘unsubscribe’ click noted above, your Profile, or the My Privacy Choices form you completed that is associated with you for the implicated membership program. In order for us to continue to follow your directions at a new address, you will need to update your Profile online or complete another My Privacy Choices form with your updated information and provide it to us with your changed contact information; and
- If you choose not to receive marketing messages from us, you may not be able to receive certain benefits connected to any program to which you belong, such as promotions involving Infinity Car Rental Plus Rewards points and free rental days (if applicable). You will, however, to the extent permitted by law, continue to receive applicable program updates and other membership information; and
We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. If you have additional questions or want to contact us for a specific purpose, please select from the following:
Access/Corrections: Please send any request to access, amend or delete certain personal data we hold about you to the most convenient contact address below.
Complaints and other questions: You should send any questions you may have about this policy or any complaints you have about how we have handled our personal data to the most convenient contact address below. If you feel our response is not satisfactory, we may refer you to a neutral and independent dispute resolution organization, where available.
Security: If you have reason to believe that the personal data we hold about you, such as your Infinity Car Rental Plus Rewards member number, other program Profile, or Infinity Car Rent membership information is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by either clicking “Contact Us”.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at Infinity Car Rental
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Infinity Car Rental 2865 Dunlin Lake way, Lawrenceville, GA, 30044, United States
Att: Tracy Wilson
We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. If it does not, or if you have any questions, please contact us by following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.